So it is artificial, but it’s not intelligence? If intelligence was an engineering problem, we’d have solved the problem of Trump and the Trump voter by now.Jensen Huang: "We all need to hope it's an engineering problem. If it's not an engineering problem, it's not solvable." pic.twitter.com/3WhmLoJfwU
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) September 28, 2026
Might I suggest computers have no intelligence at all, and simply run programs. Yes, the problem is the program; but maybe we don’t need to create the program or the problem at all, until we’ve thought this thing through.
Building nuclear weapons, after all, was an engineering problem. Using them, was not. And we’ve successfully contained their use since Nagasaki, although I was assured for about the first 30 years of my life that couldn’t be done. We didn’t really need nuclear weapons, and I’m not sure we need AI. But we can surely contain it while the “engineering problems” are solved. Or just abandon it, if engineering fails us. After all, the major contributions of AI so far are bad videos, bad advice, and bad military operations information.
I’m pretty sure we can make things worse without the expense and burden of AI.
AI hacked his programming. That’s not a conspiracy theory. I really believe that. π€Mike Johnson says opposition to data centers "is a Chinese psyop. I really believe that. That's not a conspiracy theory." pic.twitter.com/mQahEOX2gx
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) September 28, 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment