What was this?Roger Clemens: There wouldn't be another president I'd want to get it from. https://t.co/x2brfEdZCh
— Acyn (@Acyn) October 8, 2026
At the rally, Trump invited Clemens on stage to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian honor, because Clemens had not yet been elected to the Hall of Fame.Why hasn’t Clemens been elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame?
And then I remembered: Clemens was discovered to have a mistress, as well as his wife. But she was 15 when they started dating. He was something of a local hero in Houston, until that news broke. He opened a baseball themed hamburger joint, the first of an anticipated many. It closed almost immediately after that news. And then he sort of disappeared.
I guess 15 is not too young for Trump.
I know about him because he played in Boston for a long time and was a big fat whiny crybaby while he was there. I don't recall if that was before his child mistress was in the news or not. Clearly he's paid no price for that revelation of marital infidelity or what should be considered rape anywhere.
ReplyDeletePro athletes do, in so many cases, tend out to be scum. I used to figure baseball was better because it's not an inherently violent game but then I looked at the statistics as to party affiliation. Rich republican scum. Most of them.