Wednesday, July 08, 2020

Before We End the School Day (Isn't that what this has been at Chez Adventus?)

I know I've used this once today; but I really want to emphasize context here.
And to say again this call will be made at the local level, where democratic government is supposed to work best because it is supposed to be most responsive to the people the closer it is to the people.

But I guess that only matters when a Democrat's in the White House.  Although I can't imagine a Democrat being as insistent on this issue, knowing he/she has no power whatsoever over the decisions that must be made in 50 states and perhaps many more jurisdictions (Texas has 1227 independent school districts.  None of them are looking to Trump or DeVos for guidance.   Honestly, "administration" is what this White House is supposed to do!  And nobody there has the first clue how to do it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment