Sunday, February 13, 2022

Our Long International Nightmare Is Over


Only two pickup trucks and fewer than a dozen protesters blocked the road to the bridge before police moved in, according to the AP. Afterward, police barricades remained, and it was not immediately clear when the bridge might be opened.

By Sunday afternoon, a small group of demonstrators were still in Windsor, and officials had not announced when the bridge would reopen. 

 “Today, our national economic crisis at the Ambassador bridge came to an end,” Windsor Mayor Drew Dilkens said in a statement Sunday. He said when the bridge would reopen was up to police and border officials.

That didn’t take long. I haven’t checked, but I hope the Super Bowl is safe.

Just kidding, I really don’t care.  But I knew this “revolution” that was going to lead to economic collapse and the death of democracy and the re-election of Trump wasn’t going to last past the first enforceable order. The talk is tough until the arrests start. Even the Proud Boys weren’t ready to do anything unless they knew Trump would protect them.

Ted Cruz and Rand Paul have long careers in front of them as social influencers.

1 comment:

  1. I hate to say it but I hope they yank the licenses of the worst of them. That'll learn 'em. And I hope they are faster about it than the DoJ has been in too many cases.

    ReplyDelete