Friday, March 22, 2024

That Explains His Supporters

He said, 'You know, my father always said, 'You never personally guarantee any loans.' And I made a mistake. I personally guaranteed too much money in the early 1990s. I didn't think it would catch up with me. And it did. And I learned my lesson. I would never personally guarantee a loan after that.'" 
"I later found out he was lying to me in that very moment," he said. "I didn't know it, but it turned out he had personally guaranteed some of the loans on the new building he was developing in Chicago." 
"So, he goes through these searing moments where he almost loses everything he can and has, and he says: 'I learned these lessons; I should've listened to my father.' Lo and behold, he is doing the same thing." 
O'Brien said it's a long pattern. 
"Now here we are in 2024 and he is about to get exposed," he said. "It is going to be a slow grind. I don't think there's going to be a lot of drama on Monday." 
"But the process of opening the kimono and discovering indeed Donald Trump has no financial clothing, at least not the kind of financial clothing he claims he's had, begins." 
So even if Trump fails to remit the incredible amount that is being asked of him, O'Brien believes the damage has been done to break through the real estate tycoon's Teflon veneer. 
"It is a demonstration he doesn't learn his lessons," said O'Brien. "He does not anticipate problems properly." 
"He doesn't do it because he is a juvenile delinquent; he lacks the maturity, wisdom, and strategic insight of an adult."

No comments:

Post a Comment