Saturday, March 30, 2024

Waiting For Easter

The Bible is available in a wide range of translations for the price of internet access. As is most of that right-wing media spin.

As I type that I realize no one supporting Trump’s blasphemy considers the translation he’s shilling is archaic English inaccessible to most modern readers, and not accessible at all to non-English readers. I guess they don’t need the “word,” huh?

(I’m listening to a recording of Hayden’s “The Seven Last Words of Christ on the Cross.” The readings of scripture between each quartet is in French. I guess if they can’t speak English, they can’t be part of God blessing the USA, huh?)

Something about “whited sepulchers” comes to mind….

1 comment:

  1. I don't think Trump would have any idea what "whited sepulchers" means, I think he might have watched the movie Paper Moon fifty years back and got the idea from that. That is if he got the idea and not the show biz guy with all those extra "bibles" rotting in a warehouse somewhere.

    ReplyDelete