Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Our Man on Their Side


The last time a Democrat won statewide office in Texas, the voter turnout was above 50%.  Democrats benefit, in other words, from voter turnout.

My mother doesn't follow Twitter.  Neither does my wife, and I only see it because they are quoted in articles I read.  Younger people than me, much younger, follow Twitter.  And if you want them to vote in November in Texas, you want your opponent to tweet things like this.

When they aren't tweeting things like this, which is already so viral I almost don't have to repeat it:

 
Yeah, the one where they made it clear Beto is cool.  Which is not something anyone EVER said about Ted Cruz.

Last poll I heard about had that race in a dead heat; one point difference between Cruz and O'Rourke, with a margin of error of plus/minus 4 points.  So I hope the Texas GOP keeps appealing to old voters who aren't reading their appeals, and reaching the younger voters who are.  They might yet learn the lesson of Democrats, and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment