Saturday, December 24, 2022

And If He’d Gone With “Son of Man”…?

...or better "The Human One”?*

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays one and all, with a seasonal reminder Jesus of Nazareth’s surname was not “Christ.”** He’d have been known as Joshua bar Joseph. “Jesus” is the Greek transliteration of Joshua. (Yeah, now I’m just messing with John Schneider. In my defense, he started it! 😈 )

*Modern scholarship avers this is the more accurate translation of the Aramaic phrase Jesus/Joshua would have used. Pretty much the 1st century form of “This guy!” πŸ‘

**”Christ,” again a Greek word, means “The Anointed One.” So it’s a good title, but a terrible last name. Overall this is Schneider complaining that our Roman Catholic President isn’t “Christian like me.” I got no use for that. Go and please the world.

1 comment:

  1. It's obvious that Biden is the most Christian president we've had since Carter and before him FDR. I'm surprised anyone cares what a totally washed up Hollywood never was thinks about anything. Gives me more respect for Chad Allen who left the business to try to help people. And he was always a lot of a really was than this aged pretty boy.

    ReplyDelete