Thursday, December 22, 2022

πŸ€”

It should surprise no one, but it seems to be true that Elmo knows bupkis about coding. I freely admit I know less than bupkis, that the closest I ever got was keypunching Fortran for a programming class I took in college because I had some free elective hours. This was pre-(AFAIK) Arpanet days. I had a friend who took a “terminal” home and dialed up the campus computer, then put the phone receiver in a cradle to connect it. Without that the terminal was just a typewriter that didn’t work. I recall there were 6 CRT’s (yeah, we called ‘em that) in the computer room. Not being Computer Science seniors, we weren’t allowed to even look at them.

So I know squat. Which means I’m in no position to assess Elmo’s competence. But I’m coming to believe the people who tell me he doesn’t have any.
It’s not that much of a leap. That part I understand. At all levels, Elmo hasn’t a clue what he’s doing.

It seems so familiar… πŸ€” 

Maybe it’s because he’s a very stable genius:
About that bot problem on Twitter: JMM’s take is still the best: Although there is this, too:  Again, it seems so familiar…

No comments:

Post a Comment