Sunday, October 06, 2024

In Which I Stand With My White Brothers

You know, I was fully supportive of Kamala. In my heart, gut, and mind, I believe she will be a president for all Americans. She is someone who leads from the front and will move our country forward, securing all our rights enshrined by the constitution, especially in the face of White Nationalism, Project 2025, and open corruption by Republicans and Donald Trump. 
But then Andrea Mitchell told me that as a white man, I should be concerned that Kamala didn't sit with Lester Holt for 15 minutes, and now I'm confused again.
Lester Holt would ask serious questions:
alexandracooper: Trump recently told women ‘I will be your protector.’ What do you make of that? 
Vice President Harris: He who hand-selected three members of the Supreme Court to undo the protections of Roe v. Wade, and they did just as he intended? And there are now 20 states with Trump Abortion Bans including bans that make no exception for rape or incest? This is the same guy who said that women should be punished for having abortions
alexandracooper: What values did your mother instill in you? 
Vice President Harris: She taught us that we had agency. Things don't just happen to you. If I came home with a problem, the first thing she said was, ‘what did you do?’ I realized that was a really powerful thing she was teaching, which is to figure out how you can take charge of a moment
One wonders if Lester Holt would ever think to ask such questions.
Q: I saw the governor of Arkansas said ‘my kids keep me humble. Unfortunately, Kamala Harris doesn't have anything keeping her humble.’ How did that make you feel? 
Vice President Harris: I don't think she understands that there are a whole lot of women out here who are not aspiring to be humble. This is not the 1950s anymore. Families come in all kinds of shapes and forms
Never in all my days thought of Gov. Sanders as “humble.” I’m all for humility; but it’s not something to brag about.

No comments:

Post a Comment