The temperature in Dallas is 99. The heat index (temperature plus humidity) is 106.General admission tickets for the GOP midterm convention in Dallas, Texas, require attendees to arrive at Lone Star Park, a horseracing track in Grand Prairie, as early as 10am to pick up tickets on a first come first serve basis. The shuttles to Dallas don't begin until 2pm.
— steven monacelli (@stevanzetti) September 9, 2026
2/
The midterm convention in Dallas is not traditional nominating convention. It's more of a mega campaign rally, of which the primary supporting donors will not be disclosed because the committee that organized it is a nonprofit.
— steven monacelli (@stevanzetti) September 9, 2026
4/https://t.co/UtRviYVcqq
I've arrived at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie. Lots of folks in queue for the GOP midterm convention tickets. I've already consumed two kolaches, bringing my total sausage count to two. Today's events at the American Airlines Center end at 9pm. I anticipate more hotdogs.
— steven monacelli (@stevanzetti) September 9, 2026
6/ pic.twitter.com/ipVq9OWeKx
Bringing the best to Big D.When I noticed Larson-Olson, she was speaking loudly about her arrest and conviction. I overheard a man in front of me say: " they should have done a brain scan on her before letting her in." Several people are complaining about the heat and the distance from Dallas.
— steven monacelli (@stevanzetti) September 9, 2026
8/
After nearly an hour of standing outside in the heat I finally reached a vendor cart about halfway through the line. I bought this for $7.
— steven monacelli (@stevanzetti) September 9, 2026
10/ pic.twitter.com/XsnQnN8uDi
I may have overestimated my progress through the line. I'm approaching hour two of waiting in what feels like 100+ heat and I still have not gotten a credential for the GOP midterm gathering in Dallas. One ambulance has already come and gone.
— steven monacelli (@stevanzetti) September 9, 2026
12/
It hasn’t been an especially hot summer, but Texas doesn’t cool down (and that’s relatively speaking) until Thanksgiving, if then. The people who planned this thing (if you can call it that), are idiots.I finally made it out of the heat. Now I'm standing at the back of a large disorganized crowd. I've been told that there are two people processing credentials for the RNC midterm gathering in Dallas. The buses are supposed to start at 2pm. I wonder how long this will take.
— steven monacelli (@stevanzetti) September 9, 2026
14/ pic.twitter.com/D3G1DMfq1n
And if your number isn’t called? Sucks to be youI signed up for a ticket. Then I got the instructions for ticket pick-up: drive to Grand Prairie, wait in line for hours, be forced to leave my car there & ride the “GOP Express” to Dallas & then sit in the heat again & wait for my ticket number to be called. Return bus @ 9pm. pic.twitter.com/3R81KvqCv2
— Laney Hawes (@LaneyHawes) September 9, 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment