Talarico, 37, has Type I diabetes, a diagnosis he received during his 2018 campaign for the Texas House. During that race, he went into a state of ketoacidosis and fell asleep for 36 hours after walking the length of his district for a set of town halls. Earlier this year, Talarico’s campaign aired TV ads promoting legislation he championed that caps monthly out-of-pocket insulin costs.Talarico was out 9 days. Paxton exaggerated it into two weeks, and then demanded “proof of life.” One still wonders how many public appearances Paxton has made. He makes more news for leaked tapes from private fundraisers where he complains about how hard he has it.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, people with diabetes, an autoimmune condition, have a higher risk for “serious flu complications,” and are more prone to getting sick and staying sick for longer.
“I guess I’ve been shaking too many hands on the campaign trail, and so I want to keep everybody safe,” Talarico said Sept. 30, when he called into an event with the U.S. Hispanic Business Council while appearing sickly. “If I was passing on this illness to somebody and got someone’s grandmother or someone’s baby sick, I couldn’t live with myself.”
Talarico added during that event that his sickness sent him to urgent care in Dallas the night before.
To recap: Talarico is a diabetic. For his own health, and the health of others, he took 9 days off the campaign trail.I challenged Ken Paxton to a debate 85 days ago, but no one has heard from him. People are getting worried. I’ve received credible reports he's suffering from a rare condition that causes clinical levels of cowardice. @KenPaxtonTX: I am asking for proof of ability to debate.
— James Talarico (@jamestalarico) October 10, 2026
And Ken Paxton still won’t debate him.
Early voting in Texas starts Monday, October 19, 2026.
No comments:
Post a Comment