Seven Things To Do Before I Die (and other reasons to strike watertiger from my Xmas list)
1. Write a book.
2. Write another book.
3. Stay in one profession long enough to retire from it.
4. Understand a metaphysical system. Any metaphysical system.
5. Establish a theology I can live with.
6. Tour the distilleries of Scotland. All of them. and tour Ireland, and live in Paris. "My father always promised us that we would live in France."
7. Play the bassoon again.
Seven Things I Cannot Do
1. Without coffee.
2. Give up hope.
3. Overcome shyness.
4. Resist temptation.
5. Stop writing.
6. Appreciate my friends enough.
7. Understand life without a metaphysical system.
Seven Things That Attract Me to...the Seven Ages of Man
1. There are only 7 of them. See Shakespeare, William for more.
Seven Things I Say Most Often
1. "( )"
2. "I'm fixin' to get around to it."
3. "( )"
4. "You know what really bugs me?"
5. "The Unbearable Lightness of Being."
6. "( )"
7. "I really don't like people who talk in cliches. Ya know?"
Seven Books That I Love
1. Fear and Trembling, by Johannes de Silentio
2. The Gift of Death, by Jacques Derrida
3. The Compleet Molesworth, by Geoffrey Willans
4. A Place on Earth, by Wendell Berry
5. Week-end Wodehouse, by P.G Wodehouse
6. The Cloister Walk, by Kathleen Norris
7. Upholding Mystery: An Anthology of Contemporary Christian Poetry, edited by David Impastato
Seven Movies That I Watch Over and Over Again
1. Dr. Strangelove
2. A Christmas Story
4. Animal House
7. 2001: A Space Odyssey
Seven People I Want To Join In Too
I have exactly 7 friends, and I want to keep them.
Post a Comment