Sunday, September 17, 2023

"Anything You Say, Can, And Will, Be Used Against You In A Court Of Law" ðŸĶĪ

@neal_katyal: "If you're Jack Smith this morning, you're going 'thank you.'" 

@AWeissmann_: "He just said it on air to NBC, stop counting the votes. Well that's not allowed." 

#TheLawFirm on what Trump revealed in new interview with @kwelkernbc

That video would be here.

From the same interview:

“The most senior lawyers in your own administration and on your campaign told you that after you lost more than 60 legal challenges that it was over,” Welker said. “Why did you ignore them and decide to listen to a new outside group of attorneys?”

“Because I didn’t respect them,” Trump answered.

Welker pointed out, “You hired them.”

“You get a recommendation,” Trump replied. They turn out to be RINOs, or they turn out to be not so good. In many cases, I didn’t respect them, but I did respect others. I respected many others that said the election was rigged.”

Welker followed up by asking Trump if he was listening to his outside lawyers who were fueling his claims about the election “because they were telling you what you wanted to hear?”

“You know who I listen to? Myself,” Trump said. “I saw what happened. I watched that election, and I thought the election was over at 10 o’clock in the evening… My instincts are a big part of it. That’s been the thing that’s gotten me to where I am, my instincts. But I also listen to people. There are many lawyers. I could give you many books. There are books that are written on how the election was rigged.”

“Just to be clear, were you listening to your lawyers’ advice, or were you listening to your own instincts?” Welker asked. This led to her asking Trump if he was “calling the shots” on claiming the 2020 election was “rigged.”

"Oh, sure. It was my decision,” Trump said. “I listened to some people. Some people said that. Guys like [former Attorney General] Bill Barr, who was a stiff, but he wasn’t there at the time. But he didn’t do his job because he was afraid. You know what he was afraid of? He was afraid of being impeached. He was petrified to be impeached.”

That reliance on counsel defense?  Dead as a dodo.ðŸĶĪ

There's a reason Trump isn't going to win any of his criminal cases, and a reason he won't waive the 5th and testify.  And those two reasons are tightly connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment