Thursday, September 14, 2023

Can We Just Schedule The Trial For Next Week?

 In a civil case, this would be grounds for a summary judgment:

Trump on taking classified documents: “I’m allowed to have these documents. I’m allowed to take these documents…When I have them, they become unclassified. People think you have to go through a ritual. You don’t, at least in my opinion.”
Needless to say (but I’ll still say it!), Trump’s legal opinion and a $5 bill will buy you a latte at Starbucks. And land you in jail, as a bonus.

Lisa Rubin has pointed out that, by the court’s order, the amount of classified documents in evidence is roughly the capacity of a banker’s box. Not much grounds for delay, IOW.

This confession almost makes the trial 
Kelly: “What were you waving around in that meeting?” 
Trump: “I’m not going to talk to you about it…I’m allowed to do what I want to do.”
I keep coming back to my one criminal case: a felon in possession (illegally) of a firearm. He insisted he was allowed to do what he wanted to do, too, even as the Marshal took him away to jail.
Donald Trump lies about everything.
Trump just told Megyn Kelly that he has no idea who gave Dr. Fauci a Presidential Commendation. 
It's literally on the White House website.
Please, please, somebody let Trump take the stand in his own defense!

No comments:

Post a Comment