Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Don’t Pretend You Know What You Don’t Know

There is a grand jury empaneled through the end of the year in New York. I've been told that means the prosecution is working its way up the chain, starting with the corporation itself. I've read charging the corporation inevitably leads to officers of the corporation. I've been told this is just the beginning, that this is the usual pattern for white collar crimes. I've heard this is comparable to Enron, where they started with the company and ended with putting several individuals in jail.

And frankly, I have no clue what’s going on. I’m not in the NYC DA’s office or the NYAG’s office.  Is Trump free and clear?  Nah.  Is he dead in the water?  Not yet, anyway. Will they “be able” to indict Trump?  Maybe.  Certainly can’t say they won’t; unless, again, you’re in one of the relevant offices doing the investigation and making the decisions.

That grand jury wasn’t empaneled in May to sit through the end of the year just to bring these charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment