Monday, June 14, 2021

The Mighty Abbott Has Struck Out

I just got a notice from my power company that I need to conserve energy through June 18. We already expect to officially hit 100 degrees today (my home thermometer has recorded 100+ for a week now), and we haven't gotten to August yet. Yeah, I've had to set my thermostat above 80 to get it to cut off today.

Needless to say, any further discussion from Abbott or Patrick about voting law reform, or vetoing the Legislative budget (still 6 days to go to make good on that threat), or building a border wall, or anything that doesn’t involve solving this crisis are going to be as popular as a flash flood in a Fizzies factory.  If you’re old enough to remember “Fizzies.” 

Most of us don’t know what the Lege did about the power crisis, but we do know we’re going to be back where we were four months ago.   Because, once again, many power generators are off line.  Once again, there’s not a damned thing we can do about it; and once again (until September, anyway) anybody buying their electricity wholesale for household use, is likely to get screwed.  Again.

Shit, meet fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment