Monday, June 28, 2021

Redux

My daughter got married last October, the height of covid fears. It wasn't going to be a large affair anyway, mostly family; but a lot of them declined. In the end, it was mostly their friends: young, loyal, and not all that afraid of their own mortality (or willing to turn down access to an open bar). A splendid time was had despite the low turnout.

And there were more people there than in this tent in the video.  Hell, I had more people than that on my worst Sunday in parish ministry.

I don’t really care what this guy is saying.  More people know what he said because of Twitter than heard him live.  We really all need to calm down.

1 comment:

  1. It's like when the "Tea Party" was all over the cabloids, CNN covered one of its events in, as I recall, Nashville and Southern Beale pointed out that a knitters convention in the same city on the same weekend had more attendees. Though I think the problem with QAnon type stuff is at least as much if not almost entirely in the mentally ill who are inspired by it to do violence. I think the anti-vax stuff which has about the same shape in followship that the tweet lays out is far more dangerous.

    ReplyDelete