Monday, June 07, 2021

I Know Lufkin....

No, not to the level of expertise, but I spent four years in the "sister city" of Nacogdoches. A lot has changed since then; a lot hasn't. The animosity posted against this store doesn't surprise me. What people would mutter to each other at the church or the barbershop is now muttered on-line or into answering machines (too; not exclusively). I'm also not surprised a business obviously doing well enough before this contretemps, would draw this kind of support. We've actually always had both things in Texas, for as long as I can remember. Maybe social media is amplifying it a bit, and on the upside that means people heard there would be a turnout, and they wanted to join in. Or maybe it was just spontaneous, because even in East Texas, land of my upbringing, we're not all assholes.

Gonna have to look this place up next time I drive through town.

2 comments:

  1. Never buy cookies but I'd be in line for them under those conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look them up next time I'm there, too; although that probably won't be for at least a year. I have rarely gone to downtown so have never seen (or heard) of this place.

    ReplyDelete