I’m not sure the first thing I didn’t read avidly was Peanuts. I do know I clipped dailies and glued them to notebook paper before I found out I could buy collections of the strips in books. It was Peanuts, through Robert Short, who introduced me to the names Bultmann and Barth and Bonhoeffer and Kierkegaard.🎉🎁🐾 Happy Birthday, Snoopy!
— Charles M. Schulz Museum (@SchulzMuseum) August 10, 2022
🎂 Although Snoopy’s birthday is celebrated on a few different dates in Peanuts, August 10 has become his official birthday based on strips that ran from August 8–10, 1968.
🖋️ This Peanuts comic strip was first published #OTD in 1968. pic.twitter.com/YUQTEivB0e
So many Northern Europeans….
Anyway, a good day, and a good excuse, to dance….
Down a Gothic nave
comes our Pfarrer now, blessing the West with water:
we may go. There is no Queen's English
in any context for Geist or Esprit: about
catastrophe or how to behave in one
what do I know, except what everyone knows -
if there when Grace dances, I should dance.
comes our Pfarrer now, blessing the West with water:
we may go. There is no Queen's English
in any context for Geist or Esprit: about
catastrophe or how to behave in one
what do I know, except what everyone knows -
if there when Grace dances, I should dance.
🕺 💃🏾
—“Whitsunday In Kirchstetten,” W.H. Auden
loved peanuts. one of my favorite birthday presents ever was given to me by my grandma: the 'sandlot peanuts' book, signed by joe garagiola.
ReplyDelete