Friday, August 07, 2026

Yeah, About That…

Touch grass.
Fox News melts down on live TV over Ken Paxton’s failing campaign: “WHERE IS PAXTON?! I’ve seen Mitch McConnell more than Paxton... Get out of your hole Paxton and DO SOMETHING! I can’t win this race for you! It’s not on Fox! ... Talarico is younger and has energy... THIS CANNOT HAPPEN!”
This is the most aggressive attack on Black political power since Jim Crow. You look at the last 12 months, you look at these Supreme Court cases, you look at this racist redistricting map in Texas — and I say racist because it is systematically diluting the voting power of Black and Brown Texans.

When you look at how the districts are now drawn, a white Texan has a lot more political power. Their vote matters more than the vote of our Black and brown neighbors. It’s why, a year ago yesterday, my colleagues and I in the Texas House took the extraordinary step of breaking quorum.

We left the state of Texas and we went up to Illinois in order to prevent them from getting quorum. They couldn’t take up these new maps because we were gone. They called the Texas Rangers on us to find us and and arrest us and bring us back to the Capitol.
The only people paying attention to the pundits are…the pundits.

No comments:

Post a Comment