Sunday, May 08, 2005

Memo to me...

Dear left rev., please read the blog for relevant posts before posting. That is all.

Well, even if I had read the blog before ripping my last post, I probably still would have posted it. I was trying to explain to a friend what a blog is, and he asked why I do it. I responded: because I was invited to, because it answers a need for me to be in dialogue, and because it provides me with an outlet to refine and sharpen my own theological, philosophical, and spiritual understanding of my faith and tradition.

And it is a ministry, given and received.

That love of others, that care for their freedom is what causes us to go into such controversial subjects as the individual and the state, war and peace. The implications of the gospel, teaching the works of mercy, lead us into conflict with the powers of this world. Our love of God is a consuming fire. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. It is a living God and a living faith that we are trying to express. We are called to be holy, that is, whole human beings, in this life of ours.-Dorothy Day

No comments:

Post a Comment