Friday, May 06, 2005

Psalm 62

My soul waits, silent for God,
for God alone, my salvation,
alone my rock, my safety,
my refuge: I stand secure.

How long will some of you attack
tearing others down
as if walls or fences
on the verge of collapse?

You scheme to topple them,
so smug in your lies;
your lips are all blessing,
but murder fills your heart.

Wait, my soul, silent for God,
for God alone, my hope,
alone my rock, my safety,
my refuge: I stand secure.

God is my glory and safety,
my stronghold, my haven.
People, give your hearts to God,
trust always! God is our haven.

Mortals are but a breath,
nothing more than a mirage;
set them on the scales,
they prove lighter than mist.

Avoid extortion and fraud,
the hopes they breed are nothing;
and if you should grow rich,
place no trust in wealth.

Time and again God said,
"Strength and love are mine to give."
The Lord repays us all
in light of what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment