Thursday, October 30, 2008

Power to the People?


My wife told me about this, so I got curious and went looking on the web this morning. Seems this billboard is prominently displayed on I-10 here in Houston. You will note there is no mention of John McCain whatsoever. Apparently, it was put up by the Harris County Republicans. I know that thanks to another Houston blogger.

What's really interesting is that, when I came in to teach this morning, I had to cross a line of people to get in the building. No, not picketers: voters. As I've mentioned, this building is an early voting site. Voting starts at 7 a.m. every morning until tomorrow. Today, the line snaked around the perimeter of the building, at 7:45 a.m.

Maybe all those people are anxious to vote for Sarah Palin. But I don't really think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment