Thursday, October 30, 2008

Six Flags Over Texas


Voted tonight. Longest line I've stood in since waiting for a ride at Six Flags when I was a kid.

I have never waited an hour in order to vote. Never. And the line never diminished. As we moved in along the "snake," the line stayed the same length with people arriving and deciding it was worth it, they would stay the hour it took to spend a minute or so voting (especially if, like me, you voted straight party line).

I have never seen this, in 35 years of voting. I've never seen anything like this. And this in the reddest of red states, in the reddest of red towns in the state. Does this mean McCain is inspiring this much loyalty? That this many people in my county love Sarah Palin?

Or is it something unexpected?

If anybody tells you they know the answer, they don't.

UPDATE: For First Draft visitors (especially), more early voting/poll prön here.

No comments:

Post a Comment