Tuesday, February 14, 2023

"It's All Biden's Fault!"*

"What? We aren't ending it! We're just guaranteeing it from year to year, until we decide otherwise one year!" I....just...I can't. I just can't even. I need a palate cleanser: And I just can't resist tossing this in: Raw Story has a partial transcript if you can't watch the video. But two points: one, Ms. Sohn makes the point, which Cruz blithely ignores, that the FCC doesn't regulate FoxNews (it's on cable, not public airwaves). Two, her reference to NPR is *chef's kiss* whatever you think of NPR. Because NPR literally is "State sponsored news."

Sweet.


In a 10-page statement released on Tuesday through his campaign website, former President Donald Trump attacked the FBI and Twitter, for supposedly burying evidence that exonerates him in the January 6 investigation — and rehashed a number of false claims he and his allies have made regarding his involvement in the events of that day.
....
"These quotes do, again, fully exonerate me, and should put an end to the National nightmare of weaponized, targeted, and dangerous Witch Hunts and Hoaxes against a certain political Party, and me."

Yeah; good luck with that.
 

*There was a tweet recently of a news report blaming Biden for provoking a fight among the GOP over the question of cancelling Social Security. The framing made me think of that Harry Truman (? IIRC, anyway) statement that he never gave the Republicans hell, he just told the truth and they thought it was hell. Wish I'd kept track of that tweet now.

No comments:

Post a Comment