Thursday, February 16, 2023

You Mean Like Trump Was Gonna Replace Obamacare With Something Better?

I know Sen. McCain voted thumbs down on that, but I never, ever, saw a concrete alternative put on the table. Just a promise to do better if we just repealed Obamacare first.

And the New Deal was over 80 years ago.  If you were going to come up with a "better deal," shouldn't you at least have some details for that by now?
Is there anything to show that's not what they would do? I'm sorry, I'm being told there is, actually: 

"But give options to younger Americans to invest a portion of their Social Security in a private savings account and get a better deal," he added. "I think [it] is an idea whose time will come."
And when that doesn't pan out, we'll let them die in the streets or live off dog food (the latter is not an exaggeration; it was what led to an expansion of benefits for SS recipients in the '80's.  I remember it well.).  Because, what, you think the government is responsible for the people it serves?  Hell, no; government serves business!  That's the Republican way!

And in the interest of being fair and balanced: this is clearly bad news for Joe Biden: At least the press will present it that way.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday one of my siblings confessed to me that their child, certainly not one of the stupider members of our family, by a long shot, blew a lot of money on crypto. I couldn't believe they, of all people would have gotten suckered by it.

    ReplyDelete