Monday, November 09, 2020

Ain’t It, Though?

I keep wandering into arguments about political post-mortems ( that arena where we are all experts!), so I thought I would associate myself with some of Mr. Pierce’s insightful remarks. Seems to me we’ve been through this before, finding out there are people named “Mickey Mouse” on a voter registration roll, or that two people have the same name. Besides, there’s the simple issue that unless you find oh, let’s say 21,000 such votes from verifiably dead people in one state, let’s say AZ: It’s just not going to change anything. Even if you found 11,000, it wouldn’t change the outcome. And there’s still the old real estate saw: “Location, location, location.” Really matters what state you find them in. If you find them. You just can’t make a “massive, nation-wide lawsuit” out of this.

But here I’ve done what I always do: wandered away from my thesis. This won’t bring us back to that, but it will end us on a cheerful note. Besides, it should be the official theme song of this blog.

3 comments:

  1. Even if Trump finds, for example, people who voted and died before the election, we don't know how they voted. At least some will be Republicans and independents. Trump needs to show not only they voted, but how they voted. Short a giant conspiracy (across multiple towns, counties and even states, like that could be kept secret by the minimum of hundreds of people necessary to pull it off), it's just the random messiness of any election. Even if it's dead people voting, same problem. Guarantee that some will be a deceased Uncle Fred who was a big MAGA fan having his ballot filled out by his favorite niece. In less words, it's not just numbers but content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the Republican establishment in my town being accused of doing some pretty vile things to get an extremely senile man who didn't know what he was doing to "mark his ballot". And it was the guy's daughter-in-law who was the one who I heard say it.

      Delete
  2. I'd think it's a better thing to face that John Kasich didn't deliver a state he was governor of. Of course, Ohio is one of the more corrupt states so maybe the fix was in. I'd say he's the Lieberman of the near future but we've, unfortunately, got two of those, still. And at least Lieberman made believe he was a Democrat for a while.

    ReplyDelete