Friday, November 13, 2020

"The Day Is Fraught With Fate!"

As "Pogo" would note, Friday the 13th is especially bad when it falls on a Friday.  As a character noted in detailing the steps (literally!) of a public hanging to the accused, in "Hell on Wheels," there are 13 steps to the gallows.

I used to work in a building with a denoted 13th floor.  The story was the partner in the lawfirm that occupied that floor (where I worked) insisted on it being numbered that way before he'd lease space in the building as it was under construction.

IIRC, there was a band in Austin named "The 13th Floor Elevators."  I'm not sure if they knew about the bank building or not. I do know the law firm moved out of the building decades ago. I still wonder if the building changed the elevator buttons and renumbered the floors by now.

I wouldn't be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment