Saturday, April 29, 2023

I’d Say You Were A Wit, But…

Religious interest and church attendance are in decline in America; gun violence is escalating. One observation shows as much correlation as another.

Of the mass shootings since March 26 of this year, one did take place at a church affiliated school, which I guess means…something? But the rest? I’m not sure of the connection between Buddhism and the Mexican national who executed his neighbors for complaining about the noise. Or the various people fired on, shot, or killed for approaching the wrong house/car. I guess we can blame Hinduism?

I know Mehta means “conservative Christianity” when he blames “religion” in America; and he’d never specify Judaism lest he betray some anti-semitism. 

Which is to say this is all my balls, and Mehta thinks he’s being as clever as Bill Maher. Or as tough;
Mehta is, I presume, smart enough to recognize the difference between correlation and causation. Then again, he’s not clever enough to realize he’s not being clever, so…

1 comment:

  1. When it came up on the sidebar of a Youtube I was watching, I clicked on Richard Carrier, who has a degree in philosophy from Buffalo, the place that employed the high priest of organized atheism, Paul Kurtz. He was arguing with William Lane Craig, I'd say "debating" but it was more like a floor mopping. I think all the smart atheists don't run atheist anti-Christian blogs in 2023, Mehta ain't smart but he knows his audience. Like Trump does. I'd bring up North Korea if he wanted to argue atheist vs. religious violence.

    ReplyDelete