Wednesday, April 26, 2023

🐎

Yeah, it really is Biden’s fault. And why won’t Biden negotiate? Meanwhile, the horse race is on: News you can use! And then there are the credulous ones: I remember when this is what the anti-war /pro civil rights 18 year olds were gonna do with the vote ðŸ—ģ️. And then Nixon won in ‘72, and Reagan in ‘80, because young voters weren’t all campus protesters or part of the “Woodstock generation.” 

Atkinson also thinks the hope of “structural change” is AOC, who has as much chance of taking the White House as McGovern did. Those who don’t learn from history, and all that. I’d love to see “structural change,” but the last person to effect it was LBJ. Like Nixon was the only one who could go to Mao’s China, LBJ was the only one who could pass Medicare, the Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act, indeed establish much of our modern society. Structural change won’t come from AOC. Much as I admire her, she simply won’t be allowed. LBJ only got the chance because JFK the Yankee needed a Texan on the ticket; and then LBJ ran against Goldwater. (Texas was a Democratic stronghold, but, as I say, Kennedy was a Yankee.)
I’m not sure what “blowing the alarm bells” means, but it sounds disgusting. Does this mean we might finally get rid of Ted Cruz? I don’t think Jeebus loves me that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment