Sunday, June 09, 2024

🥵

About 8:45 a.m. Saturday at former President Donald Trump’s Sunset Park outdoor rally in Las Vegas, a secret service agent ran toward the security line shouting “Medic.” It was the first call for medical help on a day that could see many of them. According to the National Weather Service, it was 86 degrees but temperatures are expected to top 100 degrees with no shade for attendees. 
A person was wheeled to a closed, air-conditioned tent just off the open field where the rally is being staged. 
The temperature at the outdoor venue was 88 degrees at 8:30 a.m., on the way to a forecast high of 96 degrees at 11 a.m. when the former president was scheduled to go on. 
At Friday's event in Phoenix, 11 people were taken to area hospitals from heat-related incidents, authorities said. That event was held indoors but people waited in line outside for hours. 
Gates opened at 9 a.m. at Sunday’s event.
It was 79F this morning when I went out to do some gardening. The humidity is much higher here than the Nevada desert, but the temperature rose quickly to 90, and I called it a day after 90 minutes. I had water, and I had shade, and I still didn’t cool off until I came inside.

I understand Trump is worried about losing Nevada,. This is a very poor way to electioneer for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment