Not that I mind mortality as an incentive to act (or not act, in this case), but maybe somebody should tell the Senator that if he dies in office, he won’t be around to care who replaces him.As I predicted on my podcast weeks ago, Grassley won’t run in 2028 if Rob Sand wins the governor’s race. It’s probably the only thing that will finally get him to leave. pic.twitter.com/w5Y3aLgSXz
— Ron Filipkowski (@RonFilipkowski) September 26, 2026
(My father left rather explicit, and detailed, directions about what NOT to do for his funeral; like no funeral procession. Ironically, the last one I drove in was for my mother’s younger brother, about a year ago, now. In a very small community in the Dallas suburbs. And it was a short trip from the church to the cemetery. I told my father he wouldn’t be around to complain. He said he’d come back and haunt us. In the end a family friend arranged an honor guard, because Dad was in the Navy at the end of WWII. The honor guard was six very patriotic bikers. Also almost as old as the man being buried. It was perfect. And not something he’d included in his objections. Or probably ever imagined. No funeral procession, though.)
No comments:
Post a Comment