Thursday, July 22, 2021

Everybody’s Got One*

I  don’t think that many of the vaccinated are that political (or, clearly, don’t spend their time in Facebook or FoxNews). I also still don’t see any real evidence of a sea change in GOP opinion on vaccinations.I know WaPo said it; but I think they’re way out over their skis on this one. And Silver assumes most people are as rational as he is. You would expect that when it comes to health matters, but it clearly ain’t so. But the whole analysis rests on WaPo and the number of vaccinated in America.
Highest number I’ve heard repeated over and over is circa 52%. I don’t know where his numbers are coming from, but only about 50% of Texans have at least one shot, and Texas is the most populous state in the south. Almost all the other southern states are barely at 50%, if that. I don’t see how you get to 70% nationwide with so many states well below that number (and Texas second most populous).

Somebody has reliable data; but I’m not sure it’s us.

No comments:

Post a Comment