Friday, July 23, 2021

When I Say "Ideas Don't Matter, People Matter"

Public health issues is one of the reasons I put people above ideas:

"First, let me state clearly and for the record: I will not support another government mask mandate, nor will I support a vaccine mandate,"[Branson, MO Mayor Larry] Milton said later in a statement. "I didn't talk about freedom and liberty during my campaign for Mayor simply as a way to get elected. I championed those values then, as I do now, because I believe that each individual should have the right to decide for themselves how to best handle their own medical decisions.

"I DO NOT believe it's my place, or the place of any politician, to endorse, promote or compel any person to get any vaccine. That's a decision that should be made by each individual in consultation with their doctor and their family," Milton added.

This is ideology raised to idiocy raised to a threat to the general public, raised to "freedom=mutual suicide pact." 

1 comment:

  1. Reinforces my suspicion that if I die in a state of mortal sin I'll go to Branson.

    ReplyDelete