Thursday, March 23, 2023

I Don't Know What's Been Established About Tik-Tok

I do know what kind of hearing is going on in Congress today. I don't expect any useful information to come from it. And whenever anybody says "Everybody knows," I just discount the allegation automatically. I mean, wasn't that Snowden's argument about the entire internet? Except it wasn't China he was afraid of? So color me skeptical on this topic, until I'm better informed from better sources. In the meantime: I know what's going on with Twitter. Elmo has opened the files to the likes of Mattydickpics and Bari Weiss, so it's not beyond reason he's opened them to foreign governments, too. He publicly buys into the most ludicrous GOP promoted conspiracy theories. Twitter is clearly once again home to racists and white supremacists and Lord knows how many Russian and/or Chinese bots. So why aren't we hanging him out to dry? Is it because Twitter is HQ'ed in America? And Tik-Tok is out of China?

If you're not going to trust one, why trust the other?  If you think we need to ban one, why not the other?

Inquiring minds want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment