Thursday, March 30, 2023

I (Too) Have A Dream

That second quote actually makes perfect sense to me. The Constitution establishes the federal government. "Well-regulated militias" are a state concern, and especially in the late 18th century, a necessity for protection of the state (since the country didn't extend from sea to shining sea at the time). The "limitation" is on the federal government to allow the states to defend themselves, something no longer needed except by police forces.  I've never understood how that clause is eliminated in favor of "EVERY MAN AS MANY AR-15'S AS HE CAN AFFORD!!!! AND TWICE AS MUCH AMMUNITION!" 

And I still stay the way to control guns is through ammunition. Especially the ammunition for AR-15's. Start there. Tax it out of existence. It won't get that much cheaper on the black market. Tax the bejeesus out of it. It's not perfect, but there is no 2nd Amendment right to use a gun. None at all.

Yeah, but I can dream, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment