Thursday, April 25, 2024

“All The News That Fits”

Unrelated, but now I understand why Trump wanted to be in D.C. today: that’s where the attention is. I’m listening to uninterrupted arguments (no ads on a station that runs 15 minutes of ads every 10 minutes) before the Court on Trump’s case. There was even a guy outside the courthouse yelling “HEY, FAKE NEWS!” as reporters talked to TeeVee cameras, which is what Trump wants to do himself. Can’t tell you what’s going on in NYC right now.

I’m also not getting anything out of these arguments (except minor dickishness from Kavanaugh, who really is a lightweight). Nothing like the desperate efforts yesterday to let the states make women suffer in pregnancy, apparently because that’s what the Bible says (Genesis 3:16. Perhaps I exaggerate, but the lack of concern for the mother struck me as incomprehensible). Interesting discussion, but I don’t think you can draw much from it except the court is helping Trump by delaying this trial.
Definitely best-case scenario. But I still don’t think Trump will return to office, and these cases won’t go away if he loses the election. But the money Trump can raise, will.

He’s screwed, IOW. The mills of God grind slowly; but they grind exceeding fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment