Monday, April 29, 2024

Self-Awareness Is A Rare Gift

I’m pretty sure Newt doesn’t realize he’s describing Newt. To a “T.”
Not exactly “Uncle Walter” Cronkite questioning the value of the Vietnam War on the air (ask yer Grandpa!), but better than nothing, I guess. But even Cronkite didn’t make a dent in the narrative.
"[Trump] said he wants to be a dictator on day one," Biden told the nation. "He tells supporters he is their revenge and retribution. When in God's name have you ever heard another president say something like that? And he promised a 'bloodbath' when he loses again. We have to take this seriously."
Who matters more when they say it?  My money’s on AG. Sulzberger, I mean. I’m bemused by the idea Trump would choose a female VP candidate who didn’t always generously display  décolleté and the brains of a Barbie doll.  He’d be more likely to pick Habba, if he wasn’t so disgusted with her lack of lawyering skills.

And the implication that Trump is stupid, but even he’s not that stupid.
Could Trump shoot a dog? I mean, “and get away with it?” But I also mean “And stomach it?” Not NYT Pitchbot. Or satire. Reality continues to beggar humor.  The Constitution is the only thing that allows Trump to keep talking. All he does is protest one thing or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment