Wednesday, May 17, 2023

"Dear Joe Biden"

"Please save the GOP from itself."

The idea [of using the 14th Amendment to pay bills without a raised debt ceiling] has also caught the interest of Sen. Josh Hawley, a Missouri Republican.

“I think if I were president, I would be tempted to do that,” Hawley said. “Because I would just be like, ‘Listen, I’m not gonna let us default. So end of story. Y’all will do whatever you want to do.’ But I’m not necessarily giving him that advice. It’s against my interest.”

"P.S. You didn't hear it from me.  We never had this conversation.  The codeword is 'manhood.' The countersign is 'celery stalks at midnight.'"

“I don’t think he should try it,” Hawley said of Biden ignoring the debt limit. “But I don’t think we’ll come to that.” 

"I never said anything.  We never had this conversation. If I'm caught, I will disavow any knowledge of your actions."

"Kthxbai,

Josh "Manhood" Hawley" 

No comments:

Post a Comment