Sunday, February 25, 2024

I’ll Probably Skip The Democratic Primary This Year

It took me awhile to come to that conclusion. But the Lovely Wife is recuperating from ankle surgery and can’t get around easily, and for the first time in decades the Democratic Party in Texas is showing signs of life. Which means more races than ever are contested in the primaries. And I honestly don’t know the difference between the candidates, except for unreliable campaign literature filling my mailbox. 📬 

Mostly I ponder whether the candidates for statewide office can get enough Repubon support to have a chance, and would that make them a candidate I can’t support?

Two different levels of judges and multiple courts; county officials, state officials, federal offices; it’s too much to evaluate. I’m a yellow dog Democrat in November, even if a GOP candidate might make a better county court at law judge (not to be confused with the County Commissioners Court, which is not a law court). That sometimes worries me a bit; but not often.

Anyway, I’m sure my non-voting in early March will mean something significant to someone. The wrong thing, because they’ll draw the wrong conclusions.

Or nobody will notice, for other reasons.

So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment