Wednesday, July 03, 2024

The Two Candidates

Trump lives in a fantasy land:
He just quit, you know — he’s quitting the race,” Trump can be heard saying in the video. 
“I got him out of the — and that means we have Kamala.” He went on to call Biden a "broken-down pile of crap" and said of Harris, “I think she’s gonna be better” as an opponent, but even so “she’s so bad. She’s so pathetic.”
That’s going to be a surprise to Joe Biden:
Robert, I know the past few days have been tough. I'm sure you're getting a lot of questions. I'm sure many of you have questions as well. 
So, let me say this as clearly and simply as I can: 
I'm running. I'm the Democratic Party’s nominee. No one is pushing me out. I'm not leaving, I'm in this race to the end, and WE are going to win this election.
Yeah, Joe sends me emails almost daily. He likes me. But at least I don’t live in the fantasy world Trump does.
Trump's message claims that he has been exonerated from all crimes, including those in his civil cases. Trump is implying the Supreme Court ruling applies to his property valuation fraud case and his defamation case brought by E. Jean Carroll.
This is perfectly public stuff. It’s in print, easily accessible. Trump may be immune for some of his actions surrounding J6 (though even the Gang of Five punted that question). But the documents case is only affected as to evidence; if at all. Same for the felony conviction. The Georgia case? Maybe, but he’ll spend a lot of money fighting that out. The civil cases? Not touched at all.

But he’s free, because that’s the fantasy he lives in. Biden had a bad night. “Widespread anxiety,” we’re told. Trump and his fantasy world, where dictators love him and big, strong men have tears in their eyes? Where his felony conviction has been expunged and all civil judgments against him are null and void?

Yeah, whatever…. I mean, it’s not like he said it on camera. Well, he’s said stuff worse than that on camera, including at the debate, but…

Yeah, whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment