Tuesday, May 11, 2021

MCI

Driving my '72 Capri so fast (over 100 mph) the butterfly vent closures snapped shut. Because the car didn't have factory air, and the dash vents were directly connected to the outside.

Making long distance calls with an MCI card.  First you dialed a local number, then you waited for the computer to answer, and you punched in a long string of numbers, followed by the number you are trying to reach.

Or just rotary dial phones. And dialing numbers without even the exchange prefix.

Okay, okay, those are ‘60’s and ‘70’s memories.  Sue me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a tough one. I hardly participated in high tech of that period, I kept my rotary dial AT&T desk phone till just recently - doesn't work anymore. Never had a credit card till the 00's. No, I know, reading that they put chopped up roses in the toilet bowls during Reagan's first inauguration. Only, so far as I know, in the ladies'. That and Nancy Reagan's diaper dress she wore in Paris. Almost as weird as Democrats nominating Dukakis for president and we STILL haven't taken away New Hampshire's first in the nation primary status. I can't remember what Iowa did. Did Harken run again for president, I supported him but I can't remember which year. Stopped supporting people for the nomination, my support is a kiss of death.

    ReplyDelete