Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Advent 10

It is the mystery of Advent that I enjoy the most. Lent is about penance, Christmas and Epiphany and Easter about joy, Pentecost about the business of the church and being a Christian; only Advent is devoted to the mystery of the faith, and the deep mystery of the Incarnation.


1. I wonder as I wander out under the sky,
How Jesus the Savior did come for to die.
For poor on'ry people like you and like I...
I wonder as I wander out under the sky.

2. When Mary birthed Jesus 'twas in a cow's stall,
With wise men and farmers and shepherds and all.
But high from God's heaven a star's light did fall,
And the promise of ages it then did recall.

3. If Jesus had wanted for any wee thing,
A star in the sky, or a bird on the wing,
Or all of God's angels in heav'n for to sing,
He surely could have it, 'cause he was the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment