Sunday, April 24, 2022

😨

Why?
But in a statement to NBC affiliate WJHG-TV, Walton County School Superintendent Russell Hughes said "it was necessary in this moment for me to make that decision and I did it for just a welfare of all involved, including our constituents, our teachers, and our students." 
“I'll continue to do those things and perhaps add some," Hughes said.
You’ll notice that’s not an answer. The author of the book can only speculate:

“I think there's one illustration they don't like, where it's two men. But how do they see this, that any time a man puts his arm on another man's shoulder, it means they're gay? It doesn't seem obvious to me," she said.

 Meyers added that "Everywhere Babies" had previously been featured on LGBTQ children's book sites. 

 "It seems odd to me that this is banned, because it's a preschool book, a family book," Meyers said. "You read it to kids when they're 2. But maybe they think we're trying to indoctrinate kids from the cradle on. I don't know. I mean, you can't figure out this mindset."
One of my oldest friends hugs me every time we see each other; which is not often, alas. We live in different states. But I guess this means we are gay. And probably a bad influence on children.

The school district can’t explain why they are afraid of this book. They seem to even be afraid of their explanation. You have to feel sorry for people who live in so much fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment