Wednesday, April 27, 2022

What I Was Saying About Local School Board Elections

We'll see if my diagnosis/prognostications are correct, but my suspicion is the larger number of voters in this school district don't care for concerns about "wokeness" and "ideology," but only about "Is our children learning?" I think they also aren't that upset with the idea of single-member districts, which is (supposedly) another issue of the election, even though the Board can only settle the suit or fight it (so far they are not settling), they can't vote to make it go away.

I think the extremists have just about run their course.  I also think the majority of school district voters (at least) aren't really angry about things.  I know the Twitter pundits tell us our only hope is to get angrier than "they" are; but I'll put my money on people calmly rejecting the raving lunatics, because they are scary, if nothing else.

But we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment