Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Old Age Is Not For Sissies!: A True Story

 So I went to the refrigerator and took out the leftover pizza.  I put it in the countertop oven, set the timer, and pushed the button.

I went back to the refrigerator and took out the parmesan cheese to sprinkle on the pizza slices after they were heated.  I set the cheese down on the counter next to the refrigerator right in front of the drawer holding the silverware.  First, though, I opened another drawer and took out the crushed red peppers.

Then I stood there, wondering what else I'd meant to do. I remembered something, but I couldn't remember what it was or why I remembered it.  I left the room.

When the oven beeped to tell me the pizza slices were ready, I remembered I needed a spoon to sprinkle the cheese on the pizza slices.

This is a more and more common feature of my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment