Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Run, Ken, Run!

 
“I walked up the driveway approaching Mr. Paxton and called him by his name. As soon as he saw me and heard me call his name out, he turned around and RAN back inside the house through the same door in the garage,” Herrera wrote in the sworn affidavit. 
Angela Paxton then exited the house, got inside a Chevrolet truck in the driveway, started it and opened the doors. 
“A few minutes later I saw Mr. Paxton RAN from the door inside the garage towards the rear door behind the driver side,” Herrera wrote. “I approached the truck, and loudly called him by his name and stated that I had court documents for him. Mr. Paxton ignored me and kept heading for the truck.”

Paxton was being subpoenaed as a witness in a federal court hearing in a suit seeking to allow women to leave Texas to get abortions and to receive financial aid to do so. (Yes, that is currently against state law. No, if I were Paxton, I wouldn’t want to defend that law either.) The AG is a party to that suit, but Paxton obviously doesn’t want to testify in that hearing.

I mean, imagine the headlines. Although this story ought to be good for a few headlines itself. And he’s going to be expected in court on Tuesday. Unless he wants to make this worse and get crossways with a federal judge.

I’m beginning to think all those stupid pleadings Paxton keeps filing are not just fan service.

Heh.

And a better explanation of the lawsuit, as well as why Paxton doesn’t want to be in court right now (early voting starts October 24th):

No comments:

Post a Comment