Tuesday, September 13, 2022

You CANNOT Overstate What A Shitshow This "Case" in Florida Is

First, it should have been tossed out as completely failing to state a cognizable, even colorable (term of art, move along) claim. Any other judge in the country (practically) would have done just that, simply to not waste time on it (federal judges are very busy people). I don't have extensive criminal experience, or even extensive legal experience, and I have lots of time on my hands. But I couldn't be bothered to read the pleadings in this case, either. The plaintiff's pleadings barely qualify as such, and the defense has to do double-work just to treat them seriously (or even interpret them in a way they can be responded to in a court of law). Precisely. This isn't complicated. "Classified" or not, doesn't matter. It's not even a red herring, because it's not even a thing. It's all pretty much this: Even Rod Serling has already left the building. Because this is simply the state of this "case": I wouldn't expand this to the "federal judiciary in Florida," considering Judge Middlebrooks just handed Trump his ass in a fashion Judge Cannon could certaily learn from. As I said: a shitshow. Why the judge isn't throwing this all out sua sponte is simply beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment