Wednesday, April 17, 2024

“Old Man, Look At My Life, I’m A Lot Like You Were”

Wasn’t that the premise of “Friends”? Except I understand the unrealistic part there was getting such an apartment in NYC in the first place. I mean, at all.

The Golden Child rents a house (with her husband) half-again the size of the one she grew up in, and complains about the cost of housing. I’m sitting in the largest house I’ve ever lived in (it’s not THAT large, but bigger than the house I grew up in). It’s easily twice the size of the house where the Golden Child was born (well, first came home to).  It has risen dramatically in value since I bought it, but she and husband want a bigger house, which will be more expensive. And they complain about that.

I just keep my counsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment